1.1 This online ordering service for foreign currency banknotes (“Currency”) through Buy Now and Sell Now (the “Service”) is provided by Pearl Globe Exchange Ltd, registered in England and Wales under number 06248269. Its registered office is located at 21b Broad Walk, Crawley, England, RH10 1HJ (“PGE” or “Pearl Globe Exchange” or “Pearl Globe Exchange Ltd” or “we” or “us” or “our”).
1.2 These online terms and conditions apply to the Service, and to this end, “you” or “your” means a person agreeing to these online terms and conditions in order to use the Service, and “Business Day” means the branch opening times found on the following website link www.pearlexchange.co.uk.
2. Use of the Website
3. Use of the Service
3.1 The Service is only available to individuals aged 18 years or over, and who are resident in and accessing the Service from the United Kingdom.
3.2 For the purposes of Buy Now and Sell Now, this Service is only available at selected UK branches.
3.3 The Service may only be used to order Currency for holiday or business travel and not for speculative, investment or any other purposes.
3.4 By ordering your Currency from us, you confirm that you have read and understood these online terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
3.5 The Service is only available for the currencies listed from time to time on the Website and is subject to availability of currency. Currency availability may also be subject to further monetary limits, currency exchange restrictions and to customers complying with all applicable laws and regulations, (including, without limitation, anti-money laundering and/or counter-terrorist financing legislation).
3.6 We reserve the right to decline and cancel orders without reason, and refunds will be issued where payment has already been made by customers.
4. Ordering and Paying for your Currency
By placing an order, you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you do not understand and/or agree to these terms and conditions do not place an order with us, as by placing an order with us you are indicating your acceptance to these terms. These terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts formed between you and us to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions you may seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by law or otherwise unless both you and we agree, in writing, to vary these terms and conditions and confirm, in writing, the variation. Fees and charges which apply to your order will be displayed on the ordering screen during the online ordering process (except for any charges levied by your card issuer).
4.1 Buy Now
- As part of the Buy Now Service, you can pre-order Currency on our Website and collect (and pay for) it in-store.
- Online pre order rates for this Service differ from in store rates. Should the in-store rate at the time of collection be in your favour, then the in-store rate will be honoured. If the foreign exchange rate falls between the time when you placed the order and the time of collection, the rate at the time of placing the online order will be honoured provided always that you collect your order within 2 Business Days of receiving notification that your order is ready for collection.
- Orders up to a maximum of £3,000 can be placed with this Service.
- A maximum of five different currencies can be placed within each order and a mix of denominations will be provided where possible.
- If you choose the Buy Now service, you will pay for your order when you collect it at the collection point (not when you place your order on our Website).
- Once we have received your order we will send an email to you acknowledging receipt (we may sometimes but not always call you to confirm this). Orders placed online on a day which is not a Business Day may not be acknowledged until the following Business Day.
- When your order is ready for collection we will send you a second email informing you that it is ready for collection. The email will include a unique order reference number which you must bring with you when you collect your order.
- Proof of identification (photographic & address; e.g. utility bill/bank statement dated within the last three months and driving licence/passport) may be required at collection, so please ensure you bring along acceptable proof of identity when collecting your order.
- Orders must only be collected by the person placing the order.
- Orders must be collected within 2 Business Days from the date of the notification email advising that your order is ready for collection. After this, subject to clause 5.1.3 we may at our sole discretion offer you the in-store exchange rate of the day you come to collect the order. Orders placed online on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday may not be confirmed until the following Business Day.
4.2 Sell Now
- As part of the Sell Now Service, you can bring your Currency to one of the stores listed within the Sell Now section of the website and we will buy it from you at the pre-order rate which you booked when you placed your order online.
- Online exchange rates for this service differ from in-store rates.
- Orders up to a maximum of £3,000 can be placed with this Service.
- If you choose the Sell Now Service, we will buy the Currency from you when you visit our store.
- Once we have received your order, we will send an email to you acknowledging receipt (we may sometimes but not always call you to confirm this). Orders placed online on a day which is not a Business Day may not be acknowledged until the following Business Day.
- When your order is ready to sell, we will send you a second email confirming this. The email will include a unique order reference number which you must bring with you when you call to our store.
- Proof of identification (photographic & address; e.g. utility bill/bank statement dated within the last three months and & driving licence/passport) may be required at collection, so please ensure you bring along acceptable proof of identity when collecting your order. Orders must only be collected by the person placing the order.
- We cannot accept coins as part of our Sell Now service. Notes which are defaced/badly damaged or out of circulation will not be accepted.
- We reserve the right to decline certain denominations of any of the currencies in which we trade.
- Transactions must be completed within 2 Business Days of receiving a notification email that your order is ready to sell. After this, subject to clause 5.3 we may at our sole discretion offer you the in-store exchange rate of the day you come to transact your sell order.
4.3 All Orders
- To place an order, follow the instructions on the ordering screen. Once you have entered the ordering screen you must complete your order within 20 minutes otherwise your session may time out and you will have to restart the order process.
- You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on “place order”.
- The exchange rates we quote are subject to change. We will use the exchange rate (as set by us) that appears on the ordering screen at the time we receive your order. You must provide the requested information for us to process your order.
- We reserve the right to request further information from you at any time to enable us to complete your order and/or to comply with regulatory requirements.
- We will use various procedures to authenticate each transaction and may, at any time, decline to process your order or any part of your order for any reason.
- By placing an order, you confirm that the details contained in the order are correct in all respects. The system will display a confirmation screen setting out the details of your order.
- To comply with legislation we may use your personal information to perform customer due diligence checks on you through third party provider data searches.
- It is your sole responsibility to meet the currency import and export measures and requirements of the United Kingdom and any country you may be visiting.
5. Collection and/ or Delivery
5.1 Buy Now
- Collection is subject to the opening times of the collection location. Details for the opening times of the collection location can be obtained on the Website.
- In order to enable Pearl Globe Exchange to comply with its anti-money laundering and other legal obligations and its internal risk and fraud policies, Pearl Globe Exchange reserves the right to take a copy of your identification document(s) at the time of collection.
- If you fail to collect your order from the nominated Pearl Globe Exchange location within 2 Business Days of the date of the notification email advising you that your order is ready for collection order date then your order will be marked as non-collected and your order will be cancelled.
5.2 Sell Now
- Your sell transaction is subject to the opening times of the collection location. Details for the opening times of the collection location can be obtained on the Website.
- In order to enable Pearl Globe Exchange to comply with its anti-money laundering and other legal obligations and its internal risk and fraud policies, Pearl Globe Exchange reserves the right to take a copy of your identification document(s) at the time of your transaction.
- If you fail to transact your sell order at the nominated Pearl Globe Exchange location within 2 Business Days of placing your order, your order will be marked as non-transacted and your order will be cancelled.
6. Your Right to Cancel
6.1 Buy Now
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to collection by calling 01293 561162 or by email on email@example.com on any given Business Day (except as otherwise notified to you in writing).
6.2 Sell Now
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to collection by calling 01293 561162 (Monday to Saturday 9a.m. – 5p.m.) or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.4 All Orders
The provisions of this cancellation clause do not affect your statutory rights.
7.1 You must pay for orders in pound sterling with either a credit or debit card issued in the United Kingdom registered in your name and with sufficient funds available to cover your order and any applicable fees.
7.2 Please note that we are unable to accept Scottish & Northern Ireland bank notes for the sale of foreign currencies. We advise that you change these notes at your local bank before visiting our branches.
7.3 When making payment you warrant that you are acting on your own behalf, for a genuine reason and that the funds are legally and beneficially yours, and that they have not been obtained by illegal means nor in any way contrary to the rights of the legal owner and are not tainted in anyway by criminal activity.
7.4 You will not be charged a card handling fee if you choose to pay by Maestro, MasterCard® Debit/Credit Card or Visa Debit/Credit Card. Please note that your card issuer may apply an additional charge when using your credit card. Any additional charge will not appear on your order total but will appear on your card statement.
8. Third Party Rights
When you place an order for your Currency we are entering a contract with you personally. Nothing in these terms will confer any benefit on any third party or any right to enforce these terms.
9. Personal Information
9.1 To the extent that we, as data controller, process any of your personal data, the terms set out in our Privacy & Cookies Policies shall apply to such processing. If there is any conflict between the data protection provisions in these Terms & Conditions and the provisions in our Privacy & Cookies Policy, the provisions in our Privacy & Cookies Policy shall prevail. The terms “data controller”, “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning given to such terms in Data Protection Legislation, and Data Protection Legislation means the Data Protection Act 1998 and Directive 95/46/EC, any other applicable law or regulation relating to the processing of personal data and to privacy (including the Privacy and Electronic Communications (“EC Directive”) Regulations 2003 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Amendment Regulations 2011 (“E-Privacy Regulations”), as such legislation shall be amended, revised or replaced from time to time, including by operation of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) (and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR, and laws amending or supplementing the E-Privacy Regulations).
Any personal information (i.e. any information that can be used, directly or indirectly, alone or in combination with any other information to identify an individual including, for example, name, contact details, identification or verification information) about:
- you which you or others make available to us pursuant to these terms; and/or;
- any other person which you make available to us pursuant to these terms, shall collectively hereafter be referred to as “your Personal Information”.
9.2 You confirm and we acknowledge that, wherever necessary, you have provided valid consent for us to process your Personal Information.
9.3 We will:
- treat your Personal Information as confidential;
- process your Personal Information only to the extent, and in such a manner, as is necessary for us to provide the Services under these terms (an inexhaustive list of which is specified in clause 9.5 below), and in accordance with your instructions from time to time;
- process your Personal Information in compliance with all applicable laws, enactments, regulations, orders, standards and other similar instruments;
- implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure; and
- take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any staff who have access to your Personal Information.
9.4 We may use your Personal Information and disclose it to third parties without your consent for any one of the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you in accordance with these terms and to communicate with you in this respect.
- To fulfil our legal, regulatory and compliance requirements (including any anti-money laundering and/or counter-terrorist financing obligations).
- To carry out searches (including verifying your identity with fraud prevention agencies and/or conducting credit searches with credit reference agencies).
- To prevent and detect fraud or other criminal activity and to trace those responsible. We may check what you have told us and share information with fraud prevention agencies. If you give us false or misleading information and/or we suspect fraud or other criminal activity, we will record this and may report the incident to the relevant regulatory authorities. Please note that should fraudulent activity be proven against any customer of our service, it is company policy to prosecute the relevant individual(s) to the full extent of the law.
- For risk assessment, statistical, trend analysis and planning purposes.
- To enforce our rights under these terms if necessary.
9.5 You acknowledge that in accordance with clause 9.3, we are reliant on you for direction as to the extent to which we are entitled to use and process your Personal Information. Consequently, we will not be liable for any claim arising from any action or omission by us in respect of your Personal Information, to the extent that such action or omission resulted directly from your instructions.
9.7 By using the Website, you consent to our use of your Personal Information and warrant that all information provided by you (including your Personal Information) is accurate.
10. Payment Security
10.1 We use secure server software to make our internet transactions secure.
10.2 All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment your order will not be accepted.
10.3 When you enter your payment details we will use 3D secure to verify your identity. This check is to ensure it is you that is using your card. Its purpose is to protect you against fraud when making payments online. It is not a credit check. 3D Secure is a payment verification protocol used by major card issuers, branded as ‘MasterCard Secure Code’ and ‘Verified by Visa’ to prevent credit card fraud. Depending on the card issuer, 3D Secure is an opt-out option or a required service for using the card to make internet purchases. Cards registered with 3D Secure require the user to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) code or password. This PIN code is not the same PIN code issued with the card. 3D Secure verifies the card details provided by you. The system is completely automated and we do not store or process any of the data provided by the 3D Secure system.
11. Limiting Our Liability
11.1 We will not be liable to you for any losses that we could not reasonably be expected to foresee or to occur or for any loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss or waste of time, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business, consequential or special loss.
11.2 If we are in breach of our obligations under these terms and conditions, we will only be liable to you for the direct losses that you incur. Direct losses mean the value of the currency you wish to order from us, pursuant to payment by you. In any event, our maximum liability to you in respect of each use of the Service shall be limited to a sum equal to the total cost of your order.
11.3 Nothing will limit our liability to you for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or our fraudulent misrepresentation or misstatement or affect your statutory rights.
11.4 We use reasonable care and skill in providing the Service. However, we shall not be liable to you for the following:
- any failure by you to provide correct information when you place your order;
- any failure on the part of Royal Mail or any other carrier we use to send your order to deliver your order on time;
- if we are unable to perform any of our obligations to you due to failure of any technical systems or for any other reasons beyond our reasonable control including, amongst other things, war, terrorism, government action, natural disaster, and industrial dispute;
- if we are unable to perform any of our obligations because of something outside our reasonable control (including any failure on the part of Royal Mail or any carrier we may use to send your order);
- any damage to your computer equipment as a result of using the Website or the Service;
- any loss of information or unauthorised use of data arising as a result of you using encryption systems below our recommended level; or
- any indirect, or consequential losses, claims or damages suffered by you or incurred from your use or delay or inability to use the Website or the Service however caused
11.5 The disclaimers and limitations of liability in these online terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Pearl Globe Exchange or any of its employees or agents or for fraud.
11.6 If any provisions of these online terms and conditions including any disclaimers and limitations is found to be unlawful or unenforceable then such provisions shall fall away and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. This does not affect your statutory rights.
11.7 You will compensate us for losses caused to us as a result of your fraudulent conduct or if you breach these terms and conditions. The amount paid by you under this condition will represent a reasonable assessment of our losses. The protection provided by you under this condition will not apply if we deliberately or negligently caused the loss.
12. Alteration of Terms
We may, at any time, with immediate effect, in respect of future orders, change, suspend or withdraw the Website, the Service and these online terms and conditions without notice and without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revised version on the Website. You are expected to check our online terms and conditions from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. By using the Website or the Service or by placing orders after we have changed these terms, you will be accepting the changes. These online terms and conditions were last updated on 31 March 2021.
13. Recordings and records
Pearl Globe Exchange may record telephone conversations and Pearl Globe Exchange may use these recordings as evidence of orders made, and/or in relation to disputes, as well as for Pearl Globe Exchange’s ongoing quality control and training programme. Pearl Globe Exchange may also maintain a record of all emails sent by or to Pearl Globe Exchange. All such recordings and records will be maintained at Pearl Globe Exchange’s absolute discretion and in accordance with applicable legislation, and are the property of and can be used by Pearl Globe Exchange in the case of a dispute. Pearl Globe Exchange does not guarantee the maintenance of such recordings or records or be able to make them available to customers.
14. Anti-money laundering/fraud prevention/counter terrorism financing
We are supervised by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (“HMRC”) as an HMRC registered Money Service Business (“MSB”). Consequently we have legal obligations in respect of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing and are obliged to report to the appropriate authorities (e.g. National Crime Agency) any suspicions and/or high value transactions without further reference. We may decline or cancel any orders, at any stage, which we believe, contravene our obligations under this or any other applicable legislation and/or regulations.
15. Law and Jurisdiction
These online terms and conditions and all dealings with us up to the time you confirm your order are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The Terms are in English and all communications we send to you will be in English.
None of the information provided in connection with this service is, nor should it be construed as, financial advice. Neither we, nor any entity we receive information from, are responsible for any investment or other decisions made on the basis of the information provided.
17. Contacting Us
If you are unhappy at any time with our Service, feel that we have not provided the standard of service you expect, or if we make a mistake, please let us know. If you have a complaint, we aim to resolve it as quickly as possible and to your satisfaction. Any complaint should be made by emailing email@example.com or contact01293 561162, or write to Pearl Globe Exchange Ltd t/a Pearl Globe Exchange, 21b Broad Walk, Crawley, RH10 1HJ. A detailed summary of our complaints procedure is available on request. Within 10 Business Days of receiving your complaint, we will send you a written acknowledgement or our final response.